Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Loving Right Now: Fever Ray


Fever Ray is both the project name and album title of Swedish singer Karin Dreijer Andersson's most amazingly awesome new endeavor. (If you don't recognize her name, she's one-half of the Knife, which you have surely heard of.) Anyway, I think my friend Erik of Think Pink Radio describes the musical tone best: "It's like if spring were made of goth." Heh, what's not to love? Sadly, they're only touring in Europe this summer, so New Yorkers are S.O.L., but you can hear the single "If I Had a Heart" on their website here. Felix Rey whaaa!?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin!

    I've seen you around and I love the work you've done with Allure, Jane, and other publications. I wasn't sure of a better way to contact you, but I'm really interested in becoming a beauty director and I wanted to ask you just a few questions about the start of your career. I'm a makeup artist, but I'm especially looking to pinpoint what I should study in College and I guess, the best route for this sort of thing.
    My e-mail is catwalkclaws@yahoo.com

    I'd love to hear from you. Thanks Erin!


    Allison Joi DeWitt

    ReplyDelete